Its friday night and I'm exhausted. Yet I can't sleep...
I'm thinking about what I have to read tomorrow. I'm thinking about how I love my life at the moment. I'm thinking about how hard its going to be to learn arabic. I miss someone a little bit too much for it to be healthy. I'm wondering what to wear tomorrow. But most of all I'm thinking of Elin and Jocke and wish them all the luck in the world <3
Back in Umeå and its time to get my study mode back for real again. Going for a political debate about how to make use of your studies, interesting and quite a burning question for me... After that I'm going to spend the rest of the day in the library. Going to borrow my book for Arabic class and read. I need to atleast finish 50 pages and this time I'm taking my time to go through the text carefully. The other book that I ordered are expected any day now so I think my reading schedule is going to be perfect.
Look at my cosy new sweater, delivered directly from the mountains of Austria ;)
My dad and I spent the weekend alone since my mommy and my sister were in Austria. On saturday evening we were sitting in front of the TV. We forgot to buy some things earlier that day and my dad said that he was going to take a walk to the shop the next day. I was going to be away on meetings the whole day and my dad was going to work some. I said I wanted chips or "gode", a term we use for sweets in the family. We didn't have any at home since they try not to eat it as often as before.
When I got home the next day, exhausted after a days work my dad had bought cashews, chocolate and chips. "Why did you buy that?" I asked. "Because you wanted some yesterday!"
Spent the evening at Elins and Jockes place. We had tacos and we talked alot as usual. I'm so excited for the both of them, soon their world is going to change and I couldn't be happier for them. :) I'm so looking forward to be a "tant" again... ;)
First of all: Thank you too all my friends for their gifts, phonecalls and wishes on my birthday!
After a hectic weekend I decided to take a slow day today. I had a late morning which included reading blogs I haven't read in a while, answering people on Facebook, a lazy breakfast and painting my nails. At the moment I'm looking through my text that needs to be handed in on the 27 January. After this I will send out my questionnaire to the YFU work group. After lunch I will read some.
This afternoon I'm going to visit Elin for a relaxing evening <3
When I got home from NH las night I was freezing. Walking in stockings in -20 is not to recommend but I guess we all knew that :p
Anyway, I was so cold that not even my bedcover would make me feel warmer. So what I did was get my blanket that was hanging on my chair. I'd been tossing and turning for some time before I gathered some heat. It was dark in the room and the blanket had, as you say in Swedish, become electric. So as I was lying there in the dark with the blanket making the sounds and crackles I saw small "lightenings" all over the blanket!
I have never seen this before and it amazed me that when something feels electric it actually is!
Both my brother and sister and many of my friends are stuck on John Mayer. And now I am too... Sorry, but you'll be hearing my voice singing this song for the rest of the week ;)
"It's really over, you made your stand You got me crying, as was your plan But when my loneliness is thru, I'm gonna find another you
You take your sweaters You take your time You might have your reasons but you will never have my rhymes I'm gonna sing my way away from blue I'm gonna find another you
When I was your lover No one else would do If I'm forced to find another, I hope she looks like you Yeah and she's nicer too
So go on baby Make your little get away My pride will keep me company And you just gave yours all away Now I'm gonna dress myself for two Once for me and once for someone new I'm gonna do somethings you wouldn't let me do Oh I'm gonna find another you"
Been sitting the whole morning and almost until now working on my text. Now I don't have any inspiration left for now. I guess I'll keep going tomorrow...
And btw, I have found InDesign! Jho, its so much fun even though I'm not very good at it. Sitting here and preparing stuff for the meeting on sunday. I hope I can get some help now. I'm getting abit stressed but I'm sure it will all work out :)
And NH tonight with the corridormates :) With Love!
Early morning today and soon I'm off to school. Have to sit in he library and read a book. The book is perfect for my text but sadly you are not allowed to borrow it, isn't that typical. Well well, atleast I get things done :)
This afternoon I went to talk to Ivan for awhile. To be honest, I wasn't sure on how to work on my text and I needed some advice. We talket ALOT and I finally have a plan on how to make this work... And I'm quite excited actually. Also went to the library to look for some books on exhibition theory and stuff and jho, I now understand why I'm doing this :) It was so interesting and I can easily find things to use in my text.
Beyond just talking about school Ivan also taught me some Serbo-Croatian. I actually got the hang of some words and Ivan thought I was quite good in my pronunciation :) I just have to learn that a Z is a Z :p
This day has been a bit more productive. I wrote an email to a Canadian museum and hopefully I will atleast get an answer. I've also been searching the net for museums in Canada and the US, it takes time to find something useful. What is good though is that all of the museums seem to be looking for staff and to apply for a job is quite easy. That is if I was an American or Canadian citizen which I'm not so my applications take a little more time. But I must say, its rather fun :)
And I'm almost finished with Nelson MandelasConversations with myself. I have said it before and I say it again, he is an extraordinary man! Its amazing how a man that has experienced hatred throughout his life can forgive and instead of revenge talk about change that comes through compromise and conversations. All in the best interest for the future of the country...
Soon I'm off to have dinner and girltalk at Eve's :) With Love!
What I've today is to watch Halv åtta hos mig. This week they had this South African guy, Nic, there who made Malvapudding. And I've been thinking of making it myself but the ingredients are quite weird. But I love it! Malvapudding with hot custard, yummy!
Since nothing productive seems to be done today I think I'll abandon the computer for a while and take a walk in the nice wather outside. When I get back hopefully my insperation will be here waiting for me!
This has been a very good day! I had a nice fika with most of my classmates and we talked about stuff other then school and I enjoyed that alot. I took the bus home and watched the handball on TV which Sweden won :) Later my corridorbuddies joined me. I love having people around me, they make me fall asleep with a smile on my face.
Now I've answered some emails, written some emails, written down all the books that we need for the next course, made a bunch of phonecalls (some successfull, some not), had lunch and written some questions for the interview later. Now I'm off again to the library, going to get my hands on some books and hopfully borrow some.
Today was our last day of the course, deadline for our final product is 27 January. Tonight its fika with the classmates.
Its amazing, I love coming back to school. Its like my energy is on top and I feel I can do anything :) I'm so looking forward to this spring and International Museology and an essay! Some short things thats on my mind at the moment: Its colder here and there is still snow on the roads, yippee... I mean, its only January, spring can wait for awhile :p Its weird, I'm freezing abit here even though I have a thick sweater on... Hm? I want to start learning Arabic, Persian or Kurdish. I want to learn Sepedi.
I'm not very good on making summaries so a list will do. My year has been emotional. This is my 2010:
1. Did you do anything that you never done before? Lets just leave it at yes :)
2. Did you keep any of your new years resolutions? I didn't have any...
3. Did any of your friends become parents this year? My brother and his girl had Noel(they are family but still I think they deserve to be mentioned :p) and Yennipher had little Oskar :D Then alot of people that are acquaintances had babies. Waiting for another baby in the beginning of 2011 :)
4. Did anyone close to you die? Luckily no...
5. Which countries did you visit? I went to England with Jennie in May and Denmark with some of the girls in October. More travelling to come!!
6. Is there something that you miss in 2010 that you would like to have in 2011? My own apartment!
7. Which dates in 2010 will you always remember? April 23 when Lekgetho came to visit after a long week of worrying about the ash-cloud. September 19 when Oskar was born. December 22 when Noel was born.
8. What was you biggest success during 2010? In 2010 my self-esteem got alot better. I'm still working on it though...
9. The biggest mistake? To let someone be a priority when that person didn't want to make me a priority.
10. Have you been ill or injured yourself? Nope... Or does urinary infection count?
11. Your best buy? My tickets to London and København :)
12. What did you spend the most money on? Travelling :)
13. Gjorde någonting dig riktigt glad? My friends and my family, they always make me smile :) And the fact that I got some money from my insurance that made it possible to live a little more free...
14. What songs will always remind you of 2010? Waka Waka with Shakira of course ;)
15. Where you more happy or sad this year then the previous ones? I was more sad I have to say :(
16. What do you wish you had done more? Focus on here and now..
17. What do you wish you had done less? Cry.
18. How did you spend your Christmas? With my family.
19. Did you fall inlove this year? No, I did not...
20. How many one night stands? One...
21. Favourite show on TV? Ehm, I watch what is on at the time. I like Vinterstudion however :)
23. The best book you read this year? I read mostly course books so...
24. The biggest musical discovery? No one in particular.
25. Anything you wished for and got? Happy times!
26. Anything you wished for but didn't get? Continuation...
28. What did you do on your birthday 2010? I rushed home from work and had friends and family over for cake :)
29. Is there anything that would have done your year better? Not overanalyzing everything!
30. How would you describe your style 2010? Jeans.
31. What made you feel good? To be around people that I love.
32. What celebrity did you want? Haha, no one in particular...
33. Who did you miss? My friends and my love...
34. The best new people you met? Hm, I have to say the people in my corridor in Umeå...
Today I came to a very good conclusion. I actually miss the times when I was playing handball, or working out just in general. With the sweat running down your back, with your red face and your thirst for water. So maybe I will start getting my act together and start training again? I know it will do my body good. I'm more tired these days and I think its because I don't get any exercise at all. So when I get up to Umeå I'm going to change this. I promise!
As always I wake up at 8.30. Its like an alarm goes off and I can't sleep any longer. And today I really needed it... Eye, its going to be a calm day so I can take it easy and gather energy anyways. Let me tell you about my New Years Eve. I came home to Karro and Uno at 18.45 and left my stuff there. We took the subway to Stockholm. At 19.30 we had an reservation at Dolly's Saloon and there we joined Karro's and Uno's friends. We got Champagne and lobster for starter. This was the first time I ate lobster and I liked it :) The main course was either salmon or beef. I took salmon and yummy yummy. The sauce was 100 %! For dessert we ate some chocolate mousse with berries but unfortunatly it wasn't that good :/
We took the tube to Karro and Uno and partied the whole night. At midnight we went out in the snowstorm and drank more champagne and celebrated the new year :D At 6.30 it was time to sleep...
It was a very nice New Years Eve! Thank you Karro for inviting me...
Den här bloggen är jag. Den kan ibland vara fylld med känslor och tankar men är lika glad och virrig som jag kan vara.
Jag älskar min familj och mina vänner, engelska böcker, olympiska spelen, fikabröd, höstlöv, att dansa, promenader, Morgonpasset i P3, ost, träna, snö, skidåkning och att sjunga i duschen.
Jag ogillar hat, kapris, när mitt nagellack flagnar, att stressa, orättvisor, att hänga tvätt, människor utan respekt och fötter på tågsäten.
Välkommen till mitt lilla hörn i en stor värld.